Pass or Fail this CRM Database Pop Quiz
Take this 10-question quiz and give yourself 5 points for each *yes* answer.
1. You have all your contacts, prospects and customers in a single CRM database that syncs to your calendar and contact list (as opposed to orphaned and duplicated contacts in each employee’s address book, multiple spreadsheets, in other proprietary databases, etc.)
2. Your database is segmented/tagged by at least one category so you can send customized marketing messages. (Examples: product type, customer vs. prospect, last purchase date, sales rep.)
3. Your website form submissions, live chat convos, help desk requests, shopping cart purchases, email contacts and accounting software integrate with your CRM.
4. You are able to track online behavior at the contact level, such as “attended a webinar,” “downloaded a white paper”, “purchased a shopping cart item,” etc. It’s easy to run tracking reports that tell you how many new prospects, referrals, and website leads you get each month, as well as which contacts are actively engaging with your social media and email marketing.
5. When you don’t hear from a good customer for awhile, you’re notified and have an automatic “win back” strategy in place.
6. You have a drip marketing autoresponder in place with at least 5 messages for new website leads. Five bonus points if your sales rep is notified instantly and follows up within 20 minutes of receiving a new lead…something you’re also able to track in real time.
7. You know that only 2 out of every 15 sales opportunities are ready to buy from you today–so you have a follow-up drip marketing campaign for each prospect you send a proposal to. Give yourself 5 extra points if that drip marketing campaign lasts one year or more. Give yourself another 5 points if you’re notified when that prospect visits your website again…even if it’s 2 months from now.
8. You do not “batch and blast” your email prospecting. You get permission from each prospect to email them, and you’ve personalized your drip marketing messages, in keeping with CAN-SPAM and GDPR requirements.
9. Every contact in your CRM has a “source code” so you know where each lead and contact came from.
10. You are able to access your CRM data from any mobile device or website.
What Your Customer Database Score (or Lack Thereof) Means
50+ Congratulations, we bestow Diva Status upon your CRM prowess.
30 – 49 OK, you get the idea, but even small improvements in your sales funnel workflow at this point are worth it. That last 10% of effort that you never have time for is costing you big bucks.
10 – 29 Sorry; you don’t know what you don’t know. You may think you’re in control of your sales and marketing, but the competition is likely stomping all over you with your passive permission. You need an intervention right now.
0 – 9 How did you even find this website? Kudos for being out there looking for answers. Here’s the CRM we recommend…just get started today. You’re burning daylight!